Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Agh got viruses
Posted 2004-03-25, 04:30 PM
Noticed my screen was refreshing as i was going through webpages and im not sure why.. so i made a scan on my computer and found out i had WORM_NETSKY.P on my computer.. and also had some shbc virus.. duno what it does though..

what r the worst viruses uve had lately? jus curious :P wanna know what kind of stuff u were all lucky nuff to deal with :P

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-03-25, 05:03 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Agh got viruses"
Well this computer detects about 5-6virii a day My parents/sisters always download stuff on Kazaa
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-03-25, 05:06 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Agh got viruses"
I had a virus with that same name (WORM_NETSKY.P) when I scanned two weeks ago. I also had 4 trojans, but I am guessing those were from when I used
to use kazaa.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-25, 05:13 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I had a virus with that same name..."
Great.. still scanning and found 1 called Bridge.dll

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-03-25, 05:16 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post starting "Great.. still scanning and found 1..."
I hate programs with those "3rd party programs". I don't trust nothing out there these days. Even using limewire, I still fear viruses. I should probably scan again soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-03-25, 06:07 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I hate programs with those "3rd party..."
Any of you ever had the Alexa crap?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-25, 06:30 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Any of you ever had the Alexa crap?"
If you had the virii that are on my computer you'd wanna smash your computer to pieces. It's the most fucking annoying thing. When you start you computer it freezes the whole comp like 2 seconds before all the icons and start menu show up and you're just stuck there with the mouse. What I do is I bring up the Close Program (with Ctrl+Alt+Del) and I close off the application that does it (its called Runonce). It does it to my computer like 95% of the time and I've acctually punched my monitor twice out of anger. Lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2004-03-25, 07:17 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "If you had the virii that are on my..."
Try the modem, next time kiddo.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-03-25, 07:18 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Agh got viruses"
I haven't had a virus in a long-ass time. I have my own pc, and brain, though.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-03-25, 07:20 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Agh got viruses"
Ive had so many virus', worms ect to deal with, ive lost track of their names. Nothing to bad though, as my computer at least still runs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-25, 07:55 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Ive had so many virus', worms ect to..."
Only times I ever get viruses is when I just formatted, I'm connected to the internet, and I'm downloading windows update with no firewall. Anyone download SP2 for XP? It's nice... the security center is pretty cool. Much better than "click on/off" for the firewall... and it's not as gay and annoying as Norton Personal Firewall... pos.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-03-25, 08:58 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Any of you ever had the Alexa crap?"
Yeah, that's just spyware though. Easy as heck to get too because of IE's stupid security holes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-25, 09:10 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Agh got viruses"
Hmm.. had a virus once that actually reinstalled itself on startup. Basically, everytime I'd start up, AVG would alert me of the same virus and clean it.

What I found (after like 2 hours of troubleshooting) was that there was a program on startup that was creating the virus everytime - but wasn't actually a virus in and of itself, so nothing was detecting it. Deleted it, problem solved.

If anyone else has the same problem, check MSCONFIG and see what's going on at startup, and check anything that looks suspicious - if you get a virus warning, you've found your EXE. The EXE probably won't show up on a virus scan, you might have to actually RUN the thing to find it.
------------------------------------
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-25, 09:17 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "Only times I ever get viruses is when I..."
XP SP2 RC1 = 273 MB. I'm on DIAL-UP (usually around 5 KB/sec). I'm not touching that until it's final - even then, I'll probably order a CD, it would take less time to ship the stupid thing than to download it.

I did read a lot about that new XP firewall though - I think it's not going to help too many people, they'll just shut it off because it's "too annoying" (like people will do for antivirus software..) Those that actually care about a firewall probably already have one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-26, 11:24 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "XP SP2 RC1 = 273 MB. I'm on DIAL-UP..."
Run stinger if you think you have a virus.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
johnallen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjohnallen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

johnallen