Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

New Tournament
Posted 2004-04-20, 09:46 AM
Upon witnessing how the Grand Finale died acter eight posts, I propose the following:

A new tournament begin

Or

You get rid of this forum

Seeing how there is ABSOLUTELY nothing happening here and the only threads still viewable are the stickied ones, I think that either options are fairly reasonable.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-04-20, 11:15 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "New Tournament"
I say we finish off the tournament, which is so damn close to ending, then start a new one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-20, 01:55 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I say we finish off the tournament,..."
Titusfied said:
I say we finish off the tournament, which is so damn close to ending, then start a new one.
Agreed. Lets get this one over first. I wanna see who wins!

Iunno how popular the new one will be....people los tineterest in this one towards its end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-20, 02:24 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Agreed. Lets get this one over first. ..."
Well, I put in a minor argument to hopefully gain just enough activity to finish it off. I guess we can use this thread for New Tournament suggestions then.

I would like to see Comic Book Characters do a 1 vs. 1 battle royale!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-21, 05:25 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, I put in a minor argument to..."
Purely comic book characters? Or could we have game characters, who have comic book versions of themselves? I'm sure I know the answer, but I just wanted to be totall sure about this idea.

I would suggest an idea, but I don't feel up to thinking about something interesting. So, Titus' idea is okay. Unless there are better ones...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-04-21, 06:41 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Purely comic book characters? Or could ..."
Not sure how I feel about the comic characters battle. The problem with that is that so many of the more popular characters today are impossible to create a reasonable argument for without creating all kinds of ridiculous rules to balance things out.

Example: Superman. If we go with the current "All abilities are available" situation, Superman is unbeatable. If you take into account the things he was capable of before Crisis on Infinite Earths and the shit he can do in side-stories like Red Son, he's nearly unstoppable.

A similar problem arises with a character like the Silver Surfer. He's able to take people apart instantly at the atomic level. Shit, Supes might not be able to handle that.

It would just be far too difficult to try comics. Comics have been around for far longer than video games, contemporary movies or television, and as such, most of the best characters have abilities that range into the "ludicrous" category.

The only way it could possibly work is if there was a rule that the characters could only use powers they currently have, as in "whatever Green Lantern was capable of as recently as the May 2004 issue (which is already available)."

I think the biggest reason that a comic-based tournament is a no-no is because we've had a hard enough time getting people to participate in a video game-based tournament on a gaming forum. How many people would actually partake of a comic-based tourney on this forum? Not many, I can tell you that much.

I think we should hold a poll. Just get all of the possible ideas we can think of (i.e. comics, movies, anime, more video game characters, NO new tournament, etc) and see what people think. If people become genuinely interested in the idea of a new tournament, then we'll take it from there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-04-21, 07:48 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, I put in a minor argument to..."
[Valid points all. I personally was not enthusiastic about a comic book character tournament. I don't read many comics. :chuckle:

Anyway, I like the idea about a poll about our ideas. A new video game tournament would be sweet. Especially I want to re-enter Seymour and add a few new characters. If everybody doesn't vote to discontinue the tournament.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-04-21, 08:42 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "[Valid points all. I personally was not..."
Hah, it was just a mere suggestion to get things rolling... Anyway, that sounds good. Lets set up a poll later, after we get more ideas to vote upon. Put suggestions down, even if you aren't really into the idea, but if you think it would get interesting.

Boxing legends for example. Or do these tournaments have to be imaginary people?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-21, 09:42 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "New Tournament"
I haven't got a clue. I'm not in charge and I'm not a judge. I'm a simple man with simple ideas. You're sort of the co-leader of the tourney Titus. Ask yourself the question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1