View Single Post

Posted 2008-08-09, 04:51 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I've not met a person who is for..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
I've not met a person who is for evolution who teaches that or even agrees with that statement. I've read that we have a lot in common as far as how our chromosomes are made up. I can see how you'd be confused by the two.
If u look up "human evolution" on wikipedia or any biology textbook you will see a bunch of trees showing how humans came from monkeys, apes, gorillas, etc.

Quote:
Then you do understand THAT is the theory of evolution, right? Has nothing to do with us coming from monkeys.
That may be PART OF the theory of evilution. What about macroevolution? What about the stuff that says that one animal can give birth to a totally different type of animal?

Quote:
No, I am a homosexual (heretical) Sufi Muslim. And you can believe in evolution and the creation. Allah can implement evolution in the creation of the universe, world, and man.
The Quran is a heretical book. Look to the bible if you want real answers.

Quote:
That is not evolution. Again, you know naught of evolution. It's about hanging and adapting to your everchanging environment in order tosurvive and excel as a species.
Then why do so many textbooks show evilution as one species changing into another? Why does it always say that humans came from apes?

Quote:
What the hell is that? Where do you even GET that from? Evolution in no way, shape, or form leads to lawlessness and genocide. Evolution is a neutral thing. Man makes his own decisions.
What about people like Darwin's own cousin who tried to use his theory to promote eugenics?

---

Wed-G said: [Goto]
Disagree with the first, agree with the second. The bible provides historical documentation and faith inspiring passages. As I stated before quoting South Park, couldn't evolution be the answer to how and not the answer to why? Maybe God furthered the advancement of his creations through evolution and not design to destroy?

Then again, there's evidence of man walking beside dinosaurs in fossilized records.
How can God make the world in seven days and evilution be right? The scientists say it took millions and millions of years? The Bible is the inerrant word of God. It can't be right and evolution be right.

---

Draco2003 said: [Goto]
I think it's funny how all super-god-is-teh-1337 people think evolution is making something completely different.
Isn't that what the theory of evolution says? Doesn't it say that we were once mud, and then lightning struck the ground and we became these living cells and then the cells just decided to stop being cells and they became more complicated organisms and then they became human?

---

Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
The holocaust was not a creature of Adolf Hitler's mind, but of the Catholic church. Even Protestant's famed Martin Luther hated jews with a passion and preached about killing them. The crusades were based off religion. A lot of native americans were killed or turned into slaves unless they converted.
Hitler was a atheist. And the wrong-doing of a few people doesn't mean that the whole religion should be held accountable.

---

The tiny bombardier beetle could not possibly have evolved. His defence mechanism is amazingly complicated, and could only have been created with all the parts working together perfectly. From twin ‘exhaust tubes’ at his tail, this beetle fires into the face of his enemies boiling-hot noxious gases with a loud pop.

How can this be? German chemist Dr Schildknecht discovered that the beetle mixes two chemicals (hydrogen peroxide and hydroquinone) which would usually form a dirty ugly mixture. The well-designed beetle uses a special ‘inhibitor’ chemical to keep the mixture from reacting. How then can the explosion instantaneously occur when needed?

Dr Schildknecht discovered that in the beetle’s specially designed combustion tubes are two enzymes called catalase and peroxidase which make chemical reactions go millions of times faster. These chemicals catalyze the extremely rapid decomposition of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen and the oxidation of hydroquinone into quinone, causing them to violently react and explode—but not so soon as to blow up the beetle, of course!

Common sense tells us that this amazing little insect cannon which can fire four or five ‘bombs’ in succession could not have evolved piece by piece. Explosive chemicals, inhibitor, enzymes, glands, combustion tubes, sensory communication, muscles to direct the combustion tubes and reflex nervous systems—all had to work perfectly the very first time—or all hopes for ‘Bomby’ and his children would have exploded!

Edited by Lenny 
We have an EDIT button for a reason. Use it. This is your only warning. Multi-post on this scale again and you will be banned.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-08-09 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Multi-posting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hovind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhovind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hovind