Thread: RAM Problem.
View Single Post

Posted 2005-07-23, 12:07 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "A bad stick of ram can fuck up a boot. ..."
Not only that, but two different sticks of ram have a tendency to not run together, you need to buy a pair like here to ensure stability. If I put my stick of Kingmax 3200 in with the corsair I'll have the same problem.

I have a ram horror story from Comp USA (who doesn't?..)
I spent $250 on high performance Centon DDR434(PC3500) (same box, matching heatsinks) By luck it ran in my machine, but as time went on and I learned more about memory, I found out that they gave me one stick of Kingston PC3700 and one of Kingmax PC3200, I only figured it out because they wouldn't run in a new machine I built. So I yanked the heatsinks off.(and cpuz let me know a while before, but I assumeed it was wrong)

So now I have the 1gb kit of corsair from newegg and it runs perfect. They sold me what I bought. Comp USA are crooks.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2005-07-23 at 12:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome