View Single Post

Posted 2008-11-21, 09:32 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's an interesting question. That..."
KA said:
Some other factors that would be relevant to whether or not the admins should be held responsible: Did they know any of his personal contact information to even contact authorities? I mean, if they don't know his name, where he lives, etc, there isn't a whole lot they could do other than figure out where he is based on his IP address. Even then, that's an unreliable means of finding out where someone is, within a reasonable amount of time. Did they know ahead of time that he was actually going to kill himself and stream video of it? How old was he? It's really difficult to say whether or not they should be held responsible.
You have to provide a personal e-mail account to register for their forums; I'm sure they had somewhat of an idea of his personal contact information or could at least access it in a relatively timely manner.

Yes, he made it apparent that he was going to stream it. Here is the link to the first page of his thread. They deleted it but google's cache has it up for now. The first link on my opening post in this thread has a video of the cops and EMT checking on him and I assume pronouncing him dead.

Abraham Biggs was his name. He was 19 and had a 2 year old son.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos