View Single Post

Posted 2008-10-10, 08:51 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "I'm a wanna-be programmer, in other..."
Wolfturn said: [Goto]
I'm a wanna-be programmer, in other words i wanna be one :P But, i haven't taken any classes or anything on anything, i've tried all the books i can find and none of them really help. (proggramming for me is a more handson type of thing) RPG maker was the only thing i could learn.

I'm a self-taught programmer. If you wanted to, you could be too. By the way, if you're poor, "free" E-books are a valid way to go. Just be sure to read them and delete the books later once you understand what you're doing.

Wolfturn said: [Goto]
And thanks, I'm just glad i understand em enough to actually be able to explain

You're welcome. You explained them as well as anyone could have. Variables are just variables, they have no defined value until given one. Then when you no longer need that value, then you can reuse the variable to define it if you want.

PHP Code:
class programmer {
 function 
find_lie($user) {

$user $this->detect($user);
 }
 function 
detect($user) {

// This function has a hidden value :D
  // Could I have used this function alone?
  // Yes, but I felt like adding in more to
  // seem special and smart.

}
}
$programmer = new programmer(true);
$Wolfturn $programmer->find_lie($Wolfturn);
if (
$Wolfturn == "lie") {
 echo(
"You're no programmer!");
}
elseif (
$Wolfturn == "truth") {
 echo(
"I'm glad to see you at least know something.");
}
else {
 echo(
"Oh, dear lord, Regular Expressions are hard!");

----------------------------------------------

Anyways, all of this chit-chat about RPG Maker has gotten me all excited to create something no one has ever done before.

By the way flappykun, I hope all of this crud helped you.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy