View Single Post

Posted 2009-11-20, 06:12 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I was going to say this but you beat me..."
gruesomeBODY said: [Goto]
I was going to say this but you beat me to the punch line.

I like COD multiplayer, but i feel like there are too many variables (perks, etc) that give you an advantage / disadvantage against each and every player. In Halo, this is not the case. Everyone has the same shield and weapon at the start, which means you just have to get better (not expect some perk / weapon upgrade / etc. can save your lousy ass).

I will admit though, i stopped playing Halo all together because COD's campaign is out of control
I obviously like Halo, and definitely more than the COD series, but right now Halo is getting old. It's pretty much been the same formula since day one, which is approaching about 10 years ago. And starting with the same weapon all the time(the BR as it seems nowadays) gets old. Getting booted from games from accidentally running someone over gets old. Laggy games because the majority of players are young teenage kids that play on the slowest internet because that's all their parents will pay for gets old. And listening to the kids themselves with their high pitch voices and sad attempts a shit talking gets old(Although there are still stupid parents who bought their kids COD, the percentage is much much less(say 20% compared to Halo's 85%). So right now, while I do still like Halo, I'm just getting a breath of fresh air.

:EDIT:
Oh ya and the campaign of Modern Warfare 2 is garbage in my opinion. It does have so far what seems to be an intriguing storyline, but the gameplay is terrible. Most of the levels so far have been a small squad of 6 or so takes out a Brigade's worth of enemy soldiers in the most non-tactical way possible. The AI is horrendous to boot. Sure the enemies use cover somewhat..... but that's about the extent of it really.

Last edited by S2 AM; 2009-11-21 at 03:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM