View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-28, 08:59 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "When you're telling me I fail, why not..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
When you're telling me I fail, why not go all out?

Has it crossed your mind that "you fail" may have been in reference to the United States rather than to you as a person, governing the fact that the latter alternative would be:

a) Absurd.
b) Argumentum ad hominem?

Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
Now, the U.S. has over 30 times the population of your country and it's not that far behind on growth. It's also a good chunk ahead on real GDP per capita, despite absorbing hundreds of thousands of penniless, uneducated immigrants annually. Add in the destructive administration of the past 8 years, and our system is performing pretty damn well. It's apples to oranges and we're doing pretty fucking good with all things considered . Your buddies are doing well with growth because they aren't tied up in quagmires and bleeding out debt (which is a reason our currency is devaluing.) They're also more fuel efficient and not as reliant on oil, which is a major determining factor in our economic growth. Neither of those things are due to capitalism itself .

Regarding your arguments to why the U.S. is supposedly a better or "economically stonger" place than arbitrary country X which threatens the U.S. with its state of hypothetical betterness, "that's a lot of 'ifs'" comes to mind.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-28 at 09:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser