View Single Post

Posted 2007-07-23, 05:05 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Oh, I would find it amusing as well. I..."
Vault Dweller said:
Oh, I would find it amusing as well. I just don't see the current public climate as a opportune time to be focusing on a cheap laugh. There are people out there, as frightening as this may seem, that listen to the inane ramblings of twits like Jack Thompson and say, "yes, this rambling twit is correct." I feel that the video game industry as a whole should probably be watching its back a little more closely in the face of impending censorship. As unlikely as many may see this, the general public is easily duped by major politicians who talk about the "depravity" of video games corrupting our youth and creating mass murderers. Ill informed conservatives and liberals alike eat that bullshit up with a spoon.

Kind of started ranting there, sorry. Ultimately, I just worry that if the game industry doesn't take itself seriously, then nobody else will feel the need to do so.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1999/04/14

Pretty much the truth on it, my term paper in English last semester was on violence in video games. The absolute loathing I hold for Jack Thompson cannot be expressed in any language spoken on this planet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker