View Single Post

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah how come your people don't like..."
D3V said:
Yeah how come your people don't like him? He's not even all the way black, so you don't get to claim him all the way, anyways.

And John Edwards is a Democrat, not a republican
I guess I should expand a bit.

What I mean is the idea of a black man running for president would scare away a lot of the centrists and those that lean democrat, but also have some republican views. It would also guarantee that those who normally vote republican but have been scared away from the republican party due to our current regime continue to vote republican, because I believe a black president is too extreme a change for them. If John Edwards were pushed through the democratic primaries, however, I have no doubt that he would win the election. Really, any white, heterosexual, protestant male who ran as a democrat would win, which is why I'd rather John Edwards be the democratic candidate.

Overall, I think Obama is better qualified to be president. He exemplifies, at least for now, the qualities I would like to see in the leader of our nation. He should serve as a paradigm for presidential candidates. That said, I don't think he can win. That is the only reason I hope he is not the democratic candidate, because I honestly don't want another 4 years of the republican party.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes