View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-09, 05:39 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Because Charlie's everywhere."
um kagom, where you got that info about us, well, why don't you go to watchtower.org, that's the official site of us JW, you'll get more info (accurate for that matter) about us, our beliefs, and everything.

Why don't we celebrate holidays? well, that depends on which holiday your turning to, we have reasons for each one, and i can't answer them ALL cause it'll take too much of my prescious time ( that's right i do other things, helpfull things in my life, as much as a lie as that sounds)

i'll start with birthdays, since you probably all know, we JW base our beliefs completely in the bible, has in from gen, 1.1 to the end of revelations.

Our beliefs state that the bible is jehova's words, and so we must follow them. The bible only mentions 2 birth days, in those 2 births days, assassinations occured, so basic logic says, that if god wanted us to celebrate birthdays, then he would've put good things about b days in the bible instead of assassinations, i know, some of you might think: "but what does 2 assassinations have to do with you guys?" well we know it's a little vague, but we want to be in clean with Jehova, and if he mentions bad things about b days, then we wont' celebrate, to be on the safe side.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu