View Single Post

Posted 2006-06-13, 08:50 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Tch. Dictionary.com says this,..."
Jessifer said:
Tch. Dictionary.com says this, and the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary says this.

A boat is an ark is a boat is an ark. Lovely linkage for you.

And, excuse me as I break out my own Bible, (Yes, I do own one. Twas my mothers.) it says in Genesis 7:2 that God told Noah to take seven pairs of every "clean" animal ("the male and his female", as it says), and one pair of every "unclean" animal. In Gen 7:3 it says "Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female". SO, Noah did not take one pair of every "kind" of animal, instead there were many more than you claim.

And finally...in Gen 7:8 it says: Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth.
The word ark in the original greek is tebah: it could means something pitch coated, a certain material, a life preserver, or a certain shape.

and nice verses, but hold on there ..go back to chapter 6...

6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every SORT shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

6:20 Of fowls after their KIND, and of cattle after their KIND, of every creeping thing of the earth after his KIND, TWO of every SORT shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

6:21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

6:22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Then in chapter 7...God further devides the KINDS from chapter 6 into clean and unclean...not really hard to understand.

7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens *, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens *, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

*sevens and twos in the hebrew literaly means three pairs plus one extra. This is prefered over seven pairs which would total 14 in number. The extra animal was used for a sacrifice after the flood in Genesis 8:20.

Again as i said before, it all makes sense if you just read around.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

~JESUS~