Thread: I resign
View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-15, 05:59 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Then why not try to find someone else..."
Chruser's words were more out of frustration than anything. Chruser would be 'defering command' to you because regardless of what you say, you could stop hosting it at any time. While the adult forum is an easy change, many of the other things are not. You would be the only one capable of installing many things as it stands. These two factors represent something more insidious and fundamental: just knowing that we have to rely on you is an impediment, because nobody can really be sure if you would ever get annoyed enough to cut us off.

What we really need is a fresh start. We most likely would not be able to find someone to implement changes when the forum is currently heavily tied into your own coding. Getting someone to do it from the ground up is different. As long as the server was not hosted by them also, it would prevent the complications present now.

If it could be redone completely from scratch, and hosted elsewhere, I think that would be best. Even if you did the redesign, at least that degree of separation would be more assuring. In my mind, it doesn't even matter who does it or how it gets done, we just NEED that 'new' feeling, and the willingness to try new (even if they seem silly) things.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-09-15 at 06:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav