View Single Post

Posted 2008-08-09, 06:01 PM in reply to hovind's post starting "If u look up "human evolution" on..."
hovind said: [Goto]
If u look up "human evolution" on wikipedia or any biology textbook you will see a bunch of trees showing how humans came from monkeys, apes, gorillas, etc.
You can't really take a lot of what's put on Wikipedia to be serious. Anyone can edit entries and evolution is a hot topic and liable to be changed. And my biology textbook told me it had to to with changing and adapting to survive, not that we can from primates. I would LOVE to see the textbook you're reading, though.

Quote:
That may be PART OF the theory of evilution. What about macroevolution? What about the stuff that says that one animal can give birth to a totally different type of animal?
I've not heard of things like that. It's something that's highly improbable, as to give birth to something entirely different in species of animals would mean that the chromosomes somehow could match and all that jazz.

Quote:
The Quran is a heretical book. Look to the bible if you want real answers.
I do not insult the Bible and condemn it as a "heretical" book. Why do you condemn the Qur'an? How does that help your argument in any sort of way? I used to be Christian--Catholic, in fact. I have read the entire Bible and I used to know it like the back of my hand (sadly, no more since I left the faith years ago). I believe that al-Islam has more answers than Christianity does and ever will. So I believe I have the book for the real answers, thank you.

Quote:
Then why do so many textbooks show evilution as one species changing into another? Why does it always say that humans came from apes?
Again, I would REALLY love to see the textbooks you're reading. No biology textbook I've come across says that at all. It's suggested that we possibly evolved from primates, but it's not stated as fact.

Quote:
What about people like Darwin's own cousin who tried to use his theory to promote eugenics?
Do not people use religion to promote eugenics? Do people not use religion to promote hatred, intolerance, and war? Anything can be misused so that evil can be done unto our fellow men. People, my dear hovind, are the corrupt ones, not science, not religion, not music, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack