View Single Post

Posted 2010-09-22, 11:03 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You should try http://lrnj.com . It..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
You should try http://lrnj.com . It automatically guages how you're doing with the kanji you've already covered and presses forward or reviews depending. It's done up as an RPG and the enemies are constantly hitting you while waiting for your answer (instead of using a fixed time limit). Overall, I find the learning system to be very refined and the program to be quite effective. At one point, I was up to 800 Kanji, but Having not used any of them in over a year, I've since forgotten most of them

My system is based on that program. But as I said, it was flawed. So I fixed it's flaws in the theory behind learning. Also, instead of trying to teach the English word so that you only read the word in English. You learn the actual spelling so that as well as learning how it's written, you learn how to speak it. In testing, I did have people try both programs, I was told by 3 different people so far that my program was much more effective. So, it's not that, that program is bad, just had some flaws and I've fixed them.

Also, sorry 'bout losing that 800 Kanji. But yeah, when you don't speak/write in another language for a while, a lot of it is lost. I normally practice 30-minutes a day, 7-days a week in to ensure I don't forget what I know. The 30-minutes is usually just me reading a raw manga and translating it along the way. It is quite effective

Anyways, web based program is available if you wanted to see. Though I'm not very close to finishing the lists. Still have a way to go.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy