Thread: I resign
View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-15, 02:15 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Indeed. I partially get the vibe that..."
Vollstrecker said:
Indeed. I partially get the vibe that WW doesn't have time to dedicate to helping get some new things running though, I don't suppose there's a way we could attempt to get him some competent help with the site development?
Of course nobody is expecting him to work on the forums constantly. I certainly don't have the time to do it either. I also don't have the time to try and convince him to do something, though! I am not trying to come across as overly dramatic here. However, his steadfast reluctance to do almost anything new has pretty much pushed me to the limit of what I can reasonably deal with. It got to the point where I found myself preparing essays to present ideas to him rather than just saying, as I would to any of you, "hey, does this sound like a good idea?" It just became beyond ridiculous and I already knew before I would even say anything that it would be an uphill battle the entire way. When I did get the energy to bring something up, it almost always got shot down, even if it was an easy implement and could be removed if it didn't help. I think the large avatars was the only thing I suggested that he did, but the rules he imposed are not what I had in mind.

We can't bring anyone in because a) there is nobody who would want to work on a forum in this floundering state [and we can't get anybody new here because of his restrictions, catch 22] and b) nobody would be able to decipher the code he's got permeating every aspect of this forum! It functions in a way that only he can understand. This on top of the fact that he hosts zelaron on one of his machines means that he has absolute authority and nothing can get done around here, or at the very least, be attempted.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-09-15 at 02:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav