Thread: Apple iPhone
View Single Post

Apple iPhone
Posted 2007-01-12, 08:52 AM
I assume you've all heard of the iPhone that Apple debuted at MacWorld a few days ago?

And I assume that you've heard of Cisco's lawsuit against Apple, which they filed in the past day or so, because Apple have used the name iPhone, which Cisco currently owns.

If not, here are links to both:

Apple iPhone
Cisco Sues Apple

-----

And here is a detailed look at the iPhone.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=21451

It's quite amazing. I've seen mobile phones that will change the screen from landscape to portrait if you rotate it, but nothing like the iPhone.

The software it uses looks beautiful, and the phone itself is a sleek little number.

One of the problems I can see, though, is how will you protect the touchscreen and stop it playing with itself if it's in your pocket and rubbing on the lining? Apple haven't said anything about a Lock feature - whether just for the on-screen key- and numberpads, or for the touchscreen as a whole.

Also the phone isn't 3G, and you need to have it on a 2-year Cingular contract if you want to use it.

EDIT: Oh, and there's an interesting piece of information. It comes in two varieties - the 4gb version and the 8gb version.

The best part being... ? The 8gb version costs $599 - exactly the same as a 60gb PS3.

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-01-12 at 09:01 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny