View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-14, 05:40 PM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "Yes, i sort of agree with you there. It..."
MidnightsChorus said: [Goto]
They don't try to control people, not any more at least. I've never felt controlled. In the case of silencing truth, however, you are partially right. There are some churches where the clergy is so corrput that it will not even allow their own priests to speak what they believe to be truth. What men make the church out to be, and what Catholicism is essentially about are two completely different things.

Whilst not completely related to this, the subject about the Church silencing and controlling is similar to something I tried to start a while ago - that Technology and Science were held back for over a thousand years by the Catholic Church. I'd be interested to hear your views
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny