Thread: I resign
View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-15, 04:51 PM in reply to Grav's post "I resign"
Damn. Sad to see this happen.

Just something I picked up from your AIM logs:

Quote:
GravitonSurge: I am sooooo tired of synthesis
The way I see it, anyone with knowledge of CSS can create their own style, right? I have to admit to downloading site pages and playing with the CSS, just to see what would happen, and it seems to me that all Synthesis is, and all Ocean, Zpehios, HUD, all styles are is CSS code. Unless some strange sort of VoodooPHP magic is needed, then it should be easy to create new styles. And as far as my own knowledge of sites goes, one does not need things other than CSS to make something look pretty.

I've run my own forums in the past (just little things, three or four members), and held Admin spots at various others (near enough all of them IPB-based forums), and I can remember looking at the style options for most of them, and seeing that it was basic CSS.

My point here is that anyone with knowledge of CSS could create their own style for the forum, unless aforementioned VoodooPHP is needed.

EDIT:

WW said:
Also, I've been wanting a new forum style for years, but I'm not an artist, and Chruser has never seemed to have the time to finish designing anything.
You're online, so I might as well ask if my assumptions are correct that only CSS knowledge is needed for a style?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny