Thread: Apple iPAD
View Single Post

Posted 2010-01-28, 07:02 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I heard the iPad has wings."
It can also cure cancer. At least, that's what has been said.

---

Lookee here - Apple are playing catch-up to all the other companies who have announced tablets.

I'm not a fan. The bezel is huge! Sure, the screen is pretty, and the software will work, but it's just a glorified iPhone with a bigger screen - it can't multitask, for crying out loud. I've heard iBook (their ebook reading software) is pretty snazzy, but IMHO they've shot themselves in the foot with the screen - the reason ebook readers are so popular is because they use an e-ink display, which doesn't refresh like LCD panels, and so doesn't give people headaches or eye-strain when viewed for extended periods.

It'll be bought by the truckload (at its insane price, too - save money, buy three Netbooks) because the Holy Church of Apple preaches that only those who buy everything Apple releases will go to heaven.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny