View Single Post

Posted 2008-09-07, 04:12 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "Damn I was actually hoping for some..."
I'm game.
I could ask you the same question. What would you believe if God hadn't been theorized?

For the sake of discussion, I will explain this in the easiest terms to relate to. The theory of evolution isn't some idea that someone came out with one day. It is a theory, which as almost everyone learned in science class, a theory is a belief that is backed up with a large amount of supporting evidence. Evolution has tons of evidence buried in the earth. From micro-organisms to early humans, there is proof that there was shit here before us. We can use different methods to simulate the passage of time and how long it would take for something to become 'fossilized'.

God, on the other hand, is used to describe things people don't understand, just so they don't have to understand. Plus he is, I believe, the youngest religion that is viewed as an actual religion. Any time something happens that can't be easily explained with someone's low level of knowledge, they chalk it up to evidence that god exists. Such is the case of the past.

The one main difference between the theory of god and evolution, evolution was bound to come up, because humanity feels the need to understand its origins. God was just one way of telling how we were originated because we didn't have a better understanding of our Earth.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003