Thread: 9/11 Conspiracy
View Single Post

Posted 2007-08-14, 10:25 AM in reply to The1's post starting "I remember a thread like this along..."
The1 said:
I remember a thread like this along time ago, It just doesnt all add up... Ladon Family flown out the next day.. I just think the whole thing is fishy and all.. Honestly you can't proove me wrong about the 8.4 second free fall. Ask any engineer or designer of big buildings.
The idea that you can put such a precise number for the fall time is ridiculous from the videos alone. The videos are never clear about how long the towers took to fall. Never that clear, anyway. And what is it we're measuring? The time it took the perimeter column to hit the ground? The debris cloud? There's way too much ambiguity in your claim to really be taken seriously.

That said, I have heard claims of the towers falling at anywhere from 8 seconds to 18 seconds. The 8 seconds is not really possible. Lets, once again, look at the math. Newtonian mechanics dictates a fall time of at least 9.2 seconds:

t=sqrt(2h/g)=sqrt(2[416]/9.81)=~9.2

Even if the government planned the fall, they can't change the laws of physics. An explosion is outwards. It would not cause the towers to have some initial velocity when they begin their fall. If anything the initial velocity would be upwards at an angle. This isn't even taking into account the resistance of the building (which would be relatively minimal) and air resistance.

If you want a more accurate time depiction for the fall, check out the seismic disturbances in NYC on 9/11.

Through careful interpretation of this data, it has been estimated that it took 11.3 +- 1.5 seconds for the towers to collapse. This is more believable as it doesn't defy physics.

And about your church claims, you can't prove that a guy didn't live for 600 years. Just as I can't prove that the towers didn't fall in 8.4 seconds. Except I can prove that they didn't fall in 8.4 seconds.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-08-14 at 10:31 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes