View Single Post

Posted 2008-08-07, 08:25 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Proving that God exists is neigh..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
Proving that God exists is neigh impossible. It doesn't, however, stop the masses from having faith. I find it difficult to believe that the majority of the human population is wrong in believing that there is a higher being.

My question to you, though; Where would humanity be without faith?
I don't find it difficult to believe people that a lot of people believe in a higher being. We, as humans, have so many questions that we'll never find the answer to, at least not in this lifetime. In some people's minds, it makes sense that there must be some ultimate reason as to why this world exists; enter the God theory. But most humans are dumb. You're right Jessifer, faith can be a good thing. I'd say religion helps convicts in prison reform their lives to be a better human being. I'm all for that. That's all I hear though, religion is based on faith, but I am a very cynical person. Show me the cold hard facts and you'll make me a believer. I am a realist. I do not have faith in humanity, let alone in God. If we're not careful, humans are going to wipe out all life forms on this planet if something isn't done.

Wed G said:
Technically, wouldn't this thread be more appropriately titled "Calling all Thiests:"

By calling Christians to come forth, instead of anyone who believes in a god of sorts is acknowledging only only god. To me, this says to me that you know and believe in God, you're just too afraid or proud to realize it
Then change the thread title if you must, I suppose it makes more sense that way.

You're wrong in your assessment, though. I was born and raised a very religious person. I went to church every Sunday, and even went to youth group every Wednesday. Now that I am older and can form opinions for myself instead of believing everything my parents tell me, I have changed my belief.

Wallow said:
You can wait 'till you die, then you'll know for sure that he exists or not based on what happens. If you're impatient, commit suicide. Simple as that
LOL. I ask people to bring evidence or facts leading to the conclusion that a "God" exists and you come up with that? Please do not enter this thread again until you can come up with something better, retard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos