View Single Post

Posted 2009-06-07, 07:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Rather, they're used as a threat (I..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Rather, they're used as a threat (I forget the actual word ), right?

---

The question is, what happens when N. Korea, who have all these bombs, and ordered by their crazy leader, to start a war with America because they've been itching for it for so long?

What would the best course of action be - pre-emptive, such as was the excuse with Iraq, or retialitive (look ma, I made a new word!), attacking only when Alaska has been decimated?

Is it right to kill a few thousand to save 320 million?
Do you mean deterrence?

One reason for having nukes is to deter adversaries from using that and sort of having a sense of security and defense. Even for North Korea and Iran, one reason why they desire for nuclear power is that they want to be safe from US and Israel.

I still believe in diplomacy concerning this.

As for the question, is it right to kill a few thousands to save 320 millions, I think it is not really the right way to look at it. Also, you question is really, is it right to kill a few thousands innocent because there are some reasons believe that they would cause harm to millions..

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia