Thread: I resign
View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-17, 06:18 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The store hack tie-in to the activity..."
I thought we almost came to an agreement at one point that we would be able to limit an IP to, say, 5 posts before locking them out and forcing them to Register? Maybe that is just my own genius idea though?

Anyway, I read this thread, and although I can sympathize with Grav and the like, I don't agree. I mean, WW is my age (25 or so), and if his life is anything like mine, after 4-5 years on Zelaron (I honestly don't know how long Zelaron has existed...), you basically lost most of the luster that once existed. And once that "pizazz" is gone, the motivation to actually sit down and write/implement coding to temporarily please some members is all but gone. I'm not saying this is the case either, but I wouldn't blame WW for his lack of catering to everyone's need on a whim. He's done plenty for Zelaron, and continues to do so. I wouldn't mind having like 1 or 2 changes a year, because it's not like Zelaron is broke. There are still a lot of posts and activity. It's not growing exponentially, or even barely linearly for that matter, but it's not declining either, as far as I'm concerned.

Why try to fix something that's not broken? Sure we can try to make it better, but give the guy that has the power, resources, and intuition to do it some slack. Seriously.....

Oh, and farewell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied