View Single Post

Posted 2008-08-13, 10:33 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I understand your analogy, but I have..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
I don't care what others think of me, only what I think of me. Although, my thoughts that I don't look good aren't based on what anyone thinks looks good, it is what I feel looks good.
You were invited to a Halloween party. The host tells you to dress up like the most hideous creature ever in existence. You show up at the party in this disgusting looking costume that you are comfortably wearing, only to realize the joke is on you, and nobody else is dressed up. The most influential people you know are there, and they begin to make fun of you. Pretty soon the entire party is laughing at you.

Even though you felt comfortable in the costume, would you feel comfortable in it after everyone was making fun of you? If you decided to stay, would you take the costume off?

You have a job interview for a very professional company. You wear dress pants and a collared shirt to impress your employer. You also comb your hair to the side and keep a smile on.

Does this not mean that you are worried about what your employer thinks of you? You would want to impress him with your physical appearance (For a first impression) to increase your chances of getting the job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-