Thread: algebra 1
View Single Post

Posted 2010-08-15, 03:54 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Maybe I was thinking of something else...."
Algebra basically introduces unknowns and graphing. It focuses around y = mx + b in the beginning, and gets into the other forms near the end of the first course from my experience (when you learn y - y1=m(x-x1) which is point-slope form.) I really enjoyed algebra, it only gets annoying in the more advanced courses. And if I can stress anything, it's that you need to remember algebra. Mathematics is taught in a way such that you need a fundamental understanding of whatever you have learned prior to fully understand and apply the things you will learn. You will still be using your algebra well into calculus and beyond. Honestly, the higher levels of math aren't that difficult (at least through calculus) as long as you understand algebra.

If you have any trouble at all with algebra we can probably help you Jamer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!