View Single Post

Posted 2004-12-30, 10:18 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What? Regardless, statistics..."
Listen dude your getting off subject and not hitting the point.

First off lets hit your stock exchange stastics. Man how would stock exchange be effected by outsourcing at all? Of course stocks will go up, the company is doing better dude. If a company outsourced its jobs the stocks will go up because its cutting expenses and profits are up. So lets just void your nice little chart their. *hey look guys I have a chart of how tall my plants grew each year, and here is another thing off topic*

And when I said unemployment lists, I was being very general. I very much just ment stastics in generall. Now you say a cenus of 60,000 homes. Lets judge this bit of information a bit. The cenus buruea will come to a home if its populated and judge if its owners are unemployed. Now lets put this into layman terms, always liked this way more.

Thats what jacked up way for doing things.

Lets pretend I lost my jobs and im on welfare for a couple of months and for 2 months this beura counts me as unemployed. The system works. Now after these checks run out lets say I miss my house payments twice and then I lose the house. For those 4 months yeah, im considered unemployed. But from what im guessing this cenus does is as soon as I lose my house im no longer taken into their statisical unemployment rates. Im not taken into any statics at all aside from how well ill do at a homeless shelter. These representives of the beureau go house to house to check if people are unemployed or not. Dude you need money to keep the house of course you have a job. Do you think they count the guy panhandling outside the bar? The family in a shelter or the "hobos" who end up living under the railyard. It is almost as if their doing their best to give the impression that everyone is employed. Lol oh yeah, they are.

And dude i am NOT LIEING about what happened at snapon. I know people who worked their and its crap is true. IF YOU happened to be reading I said it got outsourced to mexico and the people who are working in MEXICO are getting paid 4 dollars an hour. Not in wisconsin. THe employee's union just happened to want to keep their jobs and wanted to know how they could keep it. The only way to compete with the outsourcing was to work for 4 dollars an hour with no bennifeits. Of course they couldnt, they were even restricted by law because of the minimum wage jobs. So their 20+ jobs with bennifets was outsourced to mexico. And its "Kenosha". Look it up sometime.
>>Dude I live in kenosha saying im lieing, mad style harsh<<

And talking about programmers. Every single major company left in the United states, small business's, grocery stores, even high schools have to have programmers to manage and run their companies, business establishment, etc. Your talking about a grounded job that is almost impossible to leave the states. Its secure. I know people who write their own programs to assure they keep their job while doing the most minimal work possible.<<awsome.

Those computer programmer jobs have no weight at all because virtuall all of them have to be done in the states.

But you want to know some high tech jobs that are? Some things that are being outsourced mate? Check this out, what I had to learn myself because statiscs misinterpet the state of a nation.

Microsoft has quietly been moving high-level jobs on dozens of its most cutting-edge projects from the United States to India. The projects include .NET Application Security, Windows Server 2003 Update, and the next version of Microsoft Windows --- codename "Longhorn". Kristi Heim, Contra Costa Times, from knowledgemanagement.ittoolbox.com, 7/29/04; Brier Dudley, CRMbuyer.com, 7/29/04]
Link it to read full article

The Economic Times reports that India is no longer just a business process outsourcing (BPO) hub for back-office operations, which provided entry-level jobs. Now, "more and more firms are setting up high-end technical back office support operations in India to serve their global customers. According to NASSCOM [the National Association of Software and Service Companies, a trade association of Indian high tech firms], [the] US will outsource 6 million high tech jobs to India by 2005 as there is no dearth of highly qualified technical professionals in the country." [Economic Times, economictimes.indiatimes.com, 8/11/04]

6 million jobs will have been outsourced by tommorow in the high tech field. Lets put that into a statistic >

The article reports that "Britain's GlaxoSmithKline, German drug maker Bayer, Aventis of France, and US-based Pfizer Inc are some of the companies that have already begun outsourcing work to India. In five years, Indian firms are expected to be earning annual revenues of $5 billion from outsourcing biotechnology-related services", according to Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, the head of the Association of Biotech Led Enterprises, an Indian trade association.

Shaw told the AP that "We see outsourcing in this area growing exponentially over the next few years and giving us the same success that India had in software." [S. Srinvasan, The Associated Press, 8/11/04]

5 billion dollars in research. Man bet some americans scientists wish they hadnt wasted their cash on a masters degree in college.

Dont worry tho, the white house has assured us that these outsourcing will continue

From the New York Times: "Secretary of State Colin L. Powell ... sought to assure Indians [on 3/16/04] that the Bush administration would not try to halt the outsourcing of high-technology jobs to their country. In discussions with Indian leaders and college students, Mr. Powell found that the issue of the transfer of American jobs to India by leading technology companies was as emotional in India as in the United States. But whereas American politicians have deplored the loss of such jobs, it was clear that the anxiety in India focuses on threats by some members of Congress to try to stop the transfer by legislation."

hmm colin powel you lied to the UN and now you help backstab the american working force? BAD COLIN, BAD, go to your room no dinner!

The Indio-US Joint Business Council, comprised of executives from India and the US, has proposed a new free trade agreement in the services sector which would cost millions more Americans their jobs.

According to The Gulf Daily News, reporting a story in the Business Standard, "the deal would relax visa restrictions on the movement of Indian engineers, software programmers, scientists, accountants and other professions [from India] to the US. India in turn would have to open up to US players its retail, legal, accounting and other sectors which have largely fought against allowing foreign competition."

What is particularly scary about this proposal is that our US Trade negotiators will likely find that this would be a fabulous way to help the stock price of the Fortune 500!

>>>Whats this outsourcing helps the stocks further mooting the correlation between outsourcing and stocks going down? Outsourcing helps stocks go up you say?<<<<lol

The proposal is now being considered by India's Trade office, but it has not yet reached the desk of Trade and Industry Minister Kamal Nath, according to the reports. [Gulf Daily News, 8/8/04, gulf-daily-news.com]

See mate just dont eat what they give you. Just take a closer look at these "statistics"

Pity
, pity, for all the billions of ignorant people -Bad religion

Last edited by hobbesDude; 2004-12-30 at 10:25 PM. Reason: add a bit more, just a bit more
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hobbesDude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhobbesDude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hobbesDude