View Single Post

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:27 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "When I was a kid, sport stars where my..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
When I was a kid, sport stars where my idols. Wayne Gretzy, Jordan, Bo Jackson, Will Clark.....

I think that is what being a star athlete is about. Being able to be a rolemodel. How many young kids read about Vick when he got caught, and thought it was cool to do what he did? Children are very easy to influence. If we want to have a better generation of kids growing up we need to focus the people who get to stay in the spotlight. Let this be a lesson for kids, if your going to do something like Vick did, your going to be punished.
I do agree with your points, and I do think athletes should be role models for kids. The problem with that is, athletes aren't paid to be role models, that's what barney and the guy from blue's clues is paid to do, Athletes are paid to do just that, be athletes. What they do off the field has nothing to do with the sport they participate in and it doesn't make a ratass difference who the player is. I have heard now that the NFL comissioner has stated that Vick is eligible to return.

As for the universal rule change? Hell no. Some of us like the players with bad attitudes and off-the-field issues. It adds depth to the game.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V