View Single Post

Posted 2003-07-11, 06:30 AM in reply to GameCube's post ""Video Game" consoles that are way out..."
I have a PS2, a GCN, and a 70$ Sony DVD player. Know what? I play dvd's in the dvd player. Why? Because its several times better then the PS2.

Yes, the PS2 is a bad system architecturaly. It has many, many problems. It lags, it can crash. It doesn't excatly do a marvelous job at playing DVDs either.

Though, if you do want some gratification for the PS2 itself (excluding games), someone did hook several hundred PS2's together to make a supercomputer able to do several trillion actions a second.

If I want to play a good game, I look to see what's on the Gamecube. If it's by nintendo, I know it'll be a damn good game, and worth buying and playing. I'd also wager the *only* reason why everyone here has such animosity towards GCN is because Nintendo made a small mistake when they calculated what the industry would need with processing power, well they're definately making a stronger one, and I hope it'll be able to play GCN games too. Gamecube is also the easiest of the three consoles to program for. Oh and yes, cel shaded or "animated" look in 3D modeling is dozens of times harder then fancy realistic graphics like Doom 3.

I played Zelda: WW twice, and will probably play it again later. It's a good game, great gameplay, I personally love the sailing, and the graphics are phenominal.

Anyways ontopic, want to know a business reason why Sony and Microcrap are putting dvd players and extras on their consoles? Because they don't have faith in their own systems, hell the guy who designed the Xbox left the company a few days after it was released because he knew how bad the system was. Nintendo knows they make great games, they know their systems can do everything they need them to do, and that gameplay is more valuable the graphics any day. If you like graphics more then gameplay, go grab a 3D modeling program and make yourself a playmate. You'd have all graphics no gameplay, have fun.

I don't use the PS2 as a dvd player, I wouldn't. An actual dvd player is much, much cheaper and will work much, much better.

Btw, did you know Sony makes Potato Chips? They do, they make just about anything. Nintendo specializes in games and gaming, and know their material 100x as well as microcrap or sony. The only reason why Sony is in the industry is because they offered to make a CD attachment for the Nintendo, and they turned the offer down. Hence the psx (ps1) was born. Microcrap is in it for the money, nothing else. Go figure too. They have mafia like tactics in business, you know. I certainly wouldn't want the mob of the hi tech world running an industry I love.

Blah blah, rant is over.

Buy a gaming console to play games, not to listen to music or watch movies. If you want something that does all that, just get a better computer stupid.

PS: Just a complaint, but god damn half the people here can't even talk correctly. If you can't speak right or show proper understanding of your *own language* how can someone take your side as valid? I mean come on, what the heck?! Ignoring the fact most of those individuals are children. I've known quite a few kids with far better lingual ability then THAT.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.

Last edited by Tai; 2003-07-11 at 06:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai