View Single Post

Posted 2004-01-19, 01:33 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It would take a lot more than just a..."
Raziel said:
It would take a lot more than just a strong online library for Nintendo to outsell Sony at this point. XBox Live is immensely superior to Sony's online service, and Microsoft is doing substantially worse in console sales.

Nintendo's next console is going to need to be something monstrous in order to start competing with Sony evenly again. Nintendo has already announced that the N5 will be backwards compatible with the Gamecube, and if they added a DVD player as well, that would certainly help to boost sales. If Nintendo also built a more aggressive strategy towards 3rd party support, it would help immensely.

In all honesty, though, it doesn't really matter if Sony is outselling Nintendo. Sony is king of the video game market because they cater to the desires of everyone they possibly can, as opposed to Nintendo, whose development philosophy is structured around a specific audience. As long as Nintendo keeps releasing games and consoles that are of equal caliber to the Gamecube, I'll continue buying them. I just get excited to read articles like this because it reaffirms the notion that Nintendo isn't going away anytime soon.
I think Nintendo will keep selling games and systems forever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII