Thread: To D3V
View Single Post

Posted 2008-03-07, 03:00 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I wish there was a better selection of..."
On the contrary, I think our country is very ready for a black president. What exactly makes you feel otherwise, and when DO you think we would be ready for a black president?

Back in North Carolina, I went to school that was ~75-80% black. The "mood", especially around election time in 2004, was one of apathy. The black kids couldn't care less about the election, because it was one white guy or another. They also felt like they could never in a million years do anything more than get a minimum wage job and sell drugs to get by, or play a sport and be very good at it.

I think having a black president will inspire the young black population to achieve better things than they currently think they are capable of achieving.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!