View Single Post

Posted 2007-03-07, 07:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Hmm, if there actually is some way to..."
Chruser said:
Hmm, if there actually is some way to jump into a midi, you could measure the BPM of the "original" music, and set a timer when it original midi starts to play. Whenever the timer hits certain key points, (e.g. the time corresponding to eight beats) you can check for conditions to change the music. I haven't used RPGMaker for almost two years though, so I don't know what is possible to do these days. If RPGMaker has a modulo operator, it would help a lot.

If you can't jump into a midi file, start off with something really repetitive and switch to a more complex piece?
The problem is, there's nothing in RM2k3 that I know of that will let you play a midi from anywhere but the beginning. (Or any sort of media file, for that matter)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube