View Single Post

Posted 2010-09-20, 03:12 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "My panic attacks consist of these..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
My panic attacks consist of these symptoms, in order:

1. The feeling that you get in your stomach when you're in a car and you go over a hill really fast. (but it doesn't go away)
2. Paranoia
3. Shaking
4. Fingers fall asleep
5. Cheeks fall asleep
6. Eyes fall asleep
7. Tongue falls asleep
8. Seizure
9. Wake up
10. Repeat
I'm nearly the same as you. That feeling as if you're falling/pulling an additional g-force or something.. it's a weird sensation. I've actually researched it a lot and it's your fight-or-flight response kicking in. Just typing about it makes me regress slightly, but i've learned to cope with it very well, well somewhat well. It's all in your mind man. There are ways to control it, and to eliminate it.

I have kept a journal now for about 9 months and every time I've had it happen to me I have written down what I've eaten/drank in the last 24 hours, my thoughts leading up to when it has happened, how I've felt afterward etc and I've noticed about 95% reoccurring themes. Thinking about it happening in the past is the cause of it about 99% of the time. I would suggesting thinking that it can't/won't hurt you and you can move on from that point. When it first happened to me there was about a week straight of thinking I was going to die/etc and I finally had to take a Xanax, which in the end made it worse. After meditating for a month or so and reading about what was going on I finally found out what 'panic attacks' were. I always thought it was just being nervous, I never knew there were actual physical symptoms that could be associated with it.

It's weird. Mine come and go in waves. I'll go for a few weeks and be fine and then like a 2-3 day span of feeling kind of 'weird' like I'm constantly thinking about it happening again and then it'll just fade away when I just ignore it.

I have noticed a few trends of my eating/drinking habit that seemed to have triggered it, and the most common one? Drinking Minute Maid Light Lemonade.

Call me crazy? Sure.

But read this. http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/loun...ners-6690.html

Quote:
Aspartame

This is a dipeptide of a methyl ester of phenylalanine and aspartic acid. It is a predominant ingredient of sugar-free formulae and chewable tablets.

Side Effects

* Headaches, especially migraines have been triggered off by aspartame.
* Links to various neuropsychiatric disorders such as mood swings, visual hallucinations, panic attacks, isolated dizziness, and manic episodes.
* Those who have valve prolapses are placed at a greater risk for neuropsychiatric disorders.
* Prolonged aspartame consumption leads to seizures, especially in children.
I had been eating Subway and changing my diet since the beginning of this year and drinking light-lemonade was one of the things I was allowing myself to consume since I had completely gone off of soda. What do ya know? One of the ingredients may cause a chemical imbalance in your body.

May be a coincidence? Could be. But almost every time after drinking that lemonade I started to notice a trend, and took note of it. I continued drinking it occasionally for a few weeks and then stopped, and the symptoms of 'feeling weird' from it, seemed to disappear. Maybe it's all placebo and i'm just exaggerating? Could be likely, but i'd rather just drink water.

I also had trouble with some protein bars I had bought an entire box of, but I do recall they also had aspartame (cheap brand from WalMart). This could be me just trying to find a scapegoat, but I really am not sure. The problem with PD is that there isn't really that much research have been poured into it, while there are a huge case study especially of those effected in the U.S.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V