View Single Post

Posted 2008-08-16, 02:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "At first, it sounds like a good idea..."
Lenny said:
- It's near a motorway, so there's a chance someone will kill them all. What?!
I think it means that it is an "ideal" target, because there is an easily accessible escape route, and with officials being 30 minutes away, the shooter could be long gone if and when he decides to run.

Lenny said:
- We've let it be known that schools are unprotected, ergo there's more chance of someone walking in and killed everyone. Shit. There are thousands of school in the UK which are without gun turrets and armed soldiers marching around the school perimeter. That's it, I'm not going to Uni, I'll get fucking shot!
Well, maybe across the pond, but in America, criminals start out young. Sometimes even middle school (6th - 8th grades) and as such, schools have metal detectors and security on patrol almost all the time. Still kids bring weapons in and do damage.
EDIT: This is only in the ghetto areas where crime rates are high, as are gang population.

Lenny said:
- The fella in charge would much more prefer to phone a parent to say their child is OK because the teacher cracked out the sawn-off shotgun and blasted that bastard killer in the face. That's pathetic. What are the odds of such a tiny school in Texas being threatened? A tiny percentage of a percent?
Actually, if someone decided to go on a rampage, I am sure they would pick a location that would yield the most targets with the lowest threat from any law enforcement. I'm not sure if you heard about, or if it was posted here, but one dude shot up an Amish school. Took someone 2 hours to go to the next town to call police, and another hour and a half before they got to the location. Luckily he wasn't hell bent on killing everything with a breath.

And wouldn't you rather your parents get a call letting them know the teacher shot some raving lunatic rather than them get a message that poor Lenny was shot 27 times because he might have possibly shared a remote thought pattern almost partialy similar to someone that offended the shooter, or so the shooter thought?

Also, it appears that each teacher will be trained to handle high-stress situations and how to handle thier fire-arms.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003