View Single Post

Posted 2006-11-29, 11:48 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't know much about Islam. I have..."
Quote:
LOL wow. Society grants religion 'immunity' to criticism. How is it then this person is able to write an article criticizing it?

A religion is simply a set of beliefs, it doesn't matter if one worships God, Jesus, Allah, himself or nothing at all. Most of these people that claim they aren't "religious", such as the clown that wrote that above piece, are in fact subscribers to their own belief system. And their agenda is to stamp out all oposing schools of thought so they can impose their own on everyone else.

Darwinism is a belief system too, as is secularism.

This proves my point:

Quote:
I find it somewhat ironic that though many people will use this as a key point to their argument, this missing link remains esoteric in the sense that no one seems to know exactly what, when, or where this missing link is. This is a moot argument, however. If a missing link exists, it does not refute the theory of evolution. Evolution does not entail a direct fossilized record from ancestor to descendant. Fossilized evidence is contingent on the geological forces of the earth, and is coincidental when found. It supports the theory of evolution. Fossilized evidence is not a requirement for ascertaining the theory’s validity.
Here the writer is flat out admiting that his belief system, Darwinism, also requires a "leap of faith" in that it does not require any physical or scientific evidence to prove the theory as fact. Sounds alot like religions he attacks with his "teapot" analogy doesn't it?

Kettle meet teapot.
Let it be known I'm posting these on behalf of people who want to play from the outside.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack