View Single Post

Recommended Books to Read?
Posted 2005-07-01, 01:12 PM
I'm running out of things to pick up and read at my library, and the thread about the Icewind Dale Trilogy shows that you guys really know your books.

I was wondering if you could maybe recommend me some to read?

I'm about to read the latest two books in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, I've got a great list of Robin Hobbs books (the 9 or so following Fitz), I automatically buy any new Terry Pratchett book, I quite liked L.E. Modesitt jnr.'s books (e.g. Towers of the Sunset), I think there was a Richeard Gemmel I read not too long ago that I likes, Dianna Wyne Jones' adult ones are pretty good, Susanna Clarkes Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell was superd (one I would recommend for you), Robert Silverberg's Lord Valentines Castle (the rest of the Majipoor things I have still to read), a great book about guys on a ship whilst some weapon (some kind of suit of armour) destroyed whole continents in rings of fire that became bigger every week or so (the name of which I've forgotten - the book was the first in a trilogy)...in fact, I will read any good fantasy book.

In the Icewind Dale Trilogy thread there's mention of R.A. Salvatore's other books following Drizzt, Weis and Hickman's Dragonlance thingies, the Tripod Trilogy, A Game of Thrones, A Calsh of Kings, and A Strom of Swords.

These will probably be enough to keep me going for 5, 6 months or so, but I would like a list of books to read in the future for when i've read these.

Of course, I don't only read things like these, I'm a fan of the Artemis Fowl, Alex Rider and Harry Potter series, and I'd quite like to get my hands on the sequel to Catch 22,but a few months of readin nothing but Graham Greene has put me off them for a time.

Any ideas??

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-07-01 at 01:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny