View Single Post

Posted 2004-12-27, 11:46 PM in reply to hobbesDude's post starting "alright mates ive been afk for a while..."
hobbesDude said:
To answer mjordans first ceo loving question, yeah i did put that down under the assumption you would catch what i was saying. And you didnt. I realise that my hypothetical company wouldnt be losing money. Its just had i been put in a position where outsourcing would be the only way to face competition that i would rather see my company crumble and fall to the ground rather then put hundreds of employees out of work.
I honestly doubt that any reasonable CEO would make that choice. Why? First off, if your company crumbles, the whole purpose of not outsourcing in the first place is defeated. Your company dies, and hundreds of jobs are lost anyway. Secondly, you on a personal note, would be out of a job, and for making a decision as you did, it would be tough to find a job equivalent to the position you were in before. What you're saying is nice, and decent, but it's too idealistic.

Quote:
Second mjordan ceo now ignorant statement. If you try you can get a job. Ok hypothetical company again. Lets say I do face the competition and to compete i outsource my shirt manufacturing company to china. Lets pretend a factory that my american employees work in employs 600 people. They all lose their jobs and are force to find new ones. Peachy mate. They will just do their fucking best to find new ones. Now in this city where my lads work, lets pretend that 400 people find new jobs. The rest are force to go on welfare until they can find jobs elseware.
That's the way it works. If that's such a major problem, then it includes a huge list of causes, not just outsourcing. For example, lets say company Y is a huge company in New York. It buys out company X in Houston. The employess of company X are then let go, and are forced to find new jobs. It's the way it works. Shall we outlaw company Y's ability to buy company X then? Of course not. It's unfortunate for the X employees, but they can't do anything about it. Eventually, they will find jobs as well.

Plus, I know plenty of new people that are getting into jobs that are supposed to be the major ones being outsourced. Like I said before, it's not a major problem. If it had gone to the extent that you're describing it, then it might be, but it's not.

Quote:
Now these people who got fired from my shirt company are most likely people who havent had any further education beyond high school. So the only jobs the will most likely be able to find are the menial jobs of a shirt making company and other jobs like it. Use your imagination. These are exactly the sort of jobs that are being outsourced like wildfire. And like i said before to compete other companies have to do likewise and outsource. So if my shirt factory employed 600 people, and 400 found new jobs, and 200 had to go on welfare, that means that a 1/3 ratio is on welfare. So lets mutiply that by the 12,000 my entire company employees minus 1000 paper pushers. Then lets multiply that 11,000 people who lost their jobs by 30 to emcompas the entire united states shirt factory competition that outsourced. Now take one third of that and thats how many people are on welfare.
What?

There's no need for anyone to be on welfare, unless their is some handicap that prevents them from working. Almost all the teenagers in my neighborhood have jobs, I know for a fact that an adult with a high-school diploma could get one.

Obviously the number of jobs being outsourced isn't too bad. As I've stated throughout this thread, your claims would be a lot better supported if you had some sort of hard statistics. As it stands now, statistics almost contradict what you are claiming.

Quote:
Now mjordan im not saying its impossible to find a job if you lost them, but if people lose their jobs by the thousands rather than by the dozens the avalible jobs fill up fast. And it will be incredibly harder if you havent had further education. And you most likely wont have had it if your job was being outsourced, since its mainly (and thats chaning) menial jobs that are being outsourced.
I don't know one unemployed adult. Not one. Obviously there will be some, but that goes whether you have outsourcing or not. The unemployment rates in America aren't too shabby.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes