View Single Post

Posted 2007-03-07, 10:19 AM in reply to Draco's post starting "how do you know that your knowlage is..."
Draco said:
how do you know that your knowlage is not a lie fed to you.....
The possibility exists that everything I've been told is a lie. However, some of what I've been told is certainly verifiable. For instance, much of physics, especially classical physics, is self-verifiable. Heredity is also, for all practical purposes, verifiable. Genetic variation from parent to child is also verifiable. Many, many more observations are verifiable. These all coincide with the phenomenon of evolution. The same can not be said about most major religions.

Secondly, the reason I trust what is considered scientific fact is not because I have some unyielding trust in people, it's because every experiment they perform is verifiable. The theory of evolution can not be a conspiracy because it is simply far too massive of a conspiracy to not leak. There are many, many social checks and balances in the scientific community, which is why I trust scientific fact. Religion, being based on faith, does not have these checks and balances.

Quote:
You must also learn that when scientists are paid to research something they are not going to tell you what you dont want to hear......
BWAHAHAHA! Believe that if you want. Do you know what a scientist would get for hard evidence against evolution? The Nobel Prize at the very least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes