View Single Post

Posted 2015-03-02, 12:46 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Another point of yours that nobody..."
KA said:
The evidence that I have available leads me to believe that no supreme being (AKA God) exists.
You have experimental evidence to stand on or personal theoretical evidence? Not wanting to question your beliefs, but your facts.

Quote:
However, KA and I have repeatedly pointed out that an atheist is not one who rejects the possibility of God.
Correct - I read that! I just don't understand why it is necessary to combine a theory of thought and a belief system. Why does somebody who feels there is a lack of evidence have to identify with either Atheism or Theism? I feel it is a 50/50 split of probability given there is no evidence to persuade myself in either direction.

Quote:
if one cannot affirmatively answer the question, "Do you believe in God," then he is an atheist. By that definition, based on what you've said in this thread, you are an atheist whether you reject that label or not.
The question itself, is loaded, contextually different from who asks it and unfair to claim if you can't answer the question you are an athiest. I understand that you cannot be half theist and half athiest, becuase that in itself is retarded, obviously.

I understand the definition, I understand the difference between theism and atheism; However, implying that it has to applied or you are either one or the other is false. It's not a black and white issue, it's a belief system. It's completely philosophical to one on how they individually decide to view the two sides.

I choose not to definite myself as atheist or theist because I feel 50/50 on the issue. Which would make it irrelevant to call myself an Agnostic Atheist or Agnostic Theist. I'm just agnostic. I don't identify with a belief system.

Quote:
it seems to me you want to reject that label because of the connotations associated with that word
I don't mind any label. Claiming "idk" as an Agnostic isn't any worse than Atheism. I like stigmatism, if anything - I should embrace the title. But I don't. Because I don't see either as viable, one way or the other.

But since you guys are obsessed with having to identify more than 50/50 because God forbid something isn't stereotyped - I would claim Theism over Atheism for the sheer fact of how little we know, might not ever know and will never know. I feel the debate slows down progress of the human race creating false divides that are unnecessary and could hamper, if even for a spec of time in the grand scheme of our existence.

Saying "I don't know" seems reasonably plausible instead of saying "Yes God" or "No God" [Theism / Atheism]

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V