View Single Post

Posted 2013-01-29, 07:18 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Diet and Eating Habits"
In terms of body type we are essentially opposites. I have been avoiding sugar for a while now, I operate better on fats. I am most wary of fructose. **

Breakfast is something like eggs, cheese, salsa, turkey sausage.
Lunch is similar, usually leftovers. A turkey sandwich, chicken from dinner.
Dinner is whatever meat and veggies I feel like making.
Snacks can be full fat greek yogurt, meats, cheeses or nuts.

My cholesterol and blood pressure are both good, if you're worried about high fat diets.

** "In animals, or at least in laboratory rats and mice, it’s clear that if the fructose hits the liver in sufficient quantity and with sufficient speed, the liver will convert much of it to fat. This apparently induces a condition known as insulin resistance, which is now considered the fundamental problem in obesity, and the underlying defect in heart disease and in the type of diabetes, type 2, that is common to obese and overweight individuals. It might also be the underlying defect in many cancers." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/ma...anted=all&_r=0 If you're interested.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav