Thread: Landlords
View Single Post

Posted 2013-01-26, 08:21 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I had two as a student - two different..."
I've had a few landlords and they were all mediocre at best. The first place that I got into was a piece of garbage, and it took them a month to repair the broken dishwasher (units cost extra with one). My roommate had several problems with his bathroom that were seen to when the landlord had time.

The second one was fairly decent and didn't bud in. In fact, we didn't have any problems until it came time for the inspection. I had scrubbed the bathroom vigorously, as well as the kitchen which are usually problem areas. Even after I had cleaned the fridge, oven, and bathtub, we were dinged 50 bucks for each thing because apparently they were not as clean as they could have been. I asked if I could scrub it again and he said no and handed me the sheets to sign. There were a few tiny smudges. I doubt that costs 50 dollars for a tiny smudge.

My current landlord is an idiot. If you have a problem she'll wait to come address. I'll get an answer in about three days after I leave a voicemail for some maintenance. She is very quick to put notices for late rent and parking lot violations though, which proves that she is out for every nickle and dime. She tried to ding me for late rent because she lost the check. When I was in her office I saw it sticking out underneath a stack of papers. A big fake apology occurred, and I just left.

Hopefully I get a better one when I find my own place in Colorado.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven