View Single Post

Posted 2012-04-21, 03:31 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "As far as I know, Skyrim is terribly..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
As far as I know, Skyrim is terribly unbalanced as well.
Going pure melee is eons better than pure magic.
I was referring to the fact that the monsters/dungeons were not properly balanced. I remember doing the main quest line and having absolutely no problem until I got to a dungeon where I couldn't kill a single person, or even come close. It literally went from piece of cake to hardcore from one quest to the next.

Skyrim is nice enough to balance things around your level at the time you load them. Of course, sometimes this still means you go into a dungeon and can't kill anything, but the imbalance isn't nearly as bad as Morrowind.

The primary reason Skyrim>Oblivion is the leveling system. They may have dumbed it down a bit (I don't like that they got rid of acrobatics) but it's a lot less forgiving for noobs. Oblivion and Morrowind basically punish you for not laying out exactly when and where and how you level up certain skill types, because if you do it wrong you don't get the large bonuses you would otherwise get, and your character becomes very underpowered. I couldn't stand the old leveling system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!