View Single Post

Posted 2010-09-03, 02:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "People are so dumb. SO they're..."
The way I see it, "Islam" as a religion is pretty extreme, but so is Christianity if you really read the bible and see what it is saying. People claim that Islam has no room for "infidels" because the Qu'ran essentially says all "infidels" should be slain, but the Bible says basically the same exact thing, among hundreds of other atrocious things. Then again, most Christians don't have a fucking clue what their religion is about or what their holy book tells them, so it isn't really that surprising.

But anyway, just because the Qu'ran says evil things doesn't necessarily mean that all Muslim people believe evil things. There are lots of "sane" Christians that don't necessarily believe a lot of the things the Bible says they should believe, and I assume the same is true of Muslims. The problem is, all we see of them are the extremists, which are essentially the "vocal minority." The same such vocal minority exists for Christians as well, and we've got our own brand of extremists just the same in America. The majority of Americans are being (mis)represented by their vocal minority, just like the majority of Muslims are likely being (mis)represented by their vocal minority.

Most people are just too fucking stupid to see that, which ultimately means that our "vocal minority" here has more of an effect on the opinions of the general populace and actually has a chance of becoming a vocal majority if people don't learn to fucking think for themselves and stop repeating everything Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck goes on about.

On a not-necessarily-unrelated note, I think Newt Gingrich should be executed for crimes against humanity. Karl Rove too.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2010-09-03 at 02:50 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!