View Single Post

Posted 2010-06-11, 07:10 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I thought the authenticator's were a..."
I dunno what would give you that impression. The Blizzard Store had sold out of them for a little while a year or two ago, but they're incredibly successful, at least at protecting your account. It generates a 6 digit code that changes every minute. It's pretty much impossible for someone to get into your account without your authenticator, even if they have your username and password. And it's $6.50. If anything, Blizzard just needs to publicize it more. It's ultimate account security at hardly any cost, and like I said, if everyone got one of these there would be a lot less gold spam once the suppliers start running out of supply.

And I think the best way they could go about getting people to use these things would be to make it policy that if your account is stolen, your characters and items are not restored. It would free up a lot of Blizzard's resources for other legitimate problems instead of them having to help dumbasses who get their accounts stolen. But they wont do that because they would probably lose subscribers because too much of their user base is made up of these dumbasses.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2010-06-11 at 07:13 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!