View Single Post

Posted 2010-01-28, 10:02 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/14..."
D3V said: [Goto]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_186834.html

These fools are dangerous. Why would you want to be a part of them? They're just a new-century version of the KKK.

D3V, have you seen the South Park when the town is divided about the war in Iraq - it's the one where Cartman has a flashback and is in colonial times? It actually has a somewhat ...odd... but revealing message.

I'm not conservative or republican, if you want my political opinion to try and gauge my bias, then I'd wager on a scale from -10 to 10 (with -10 being completely liberal and 10 being completely conservative), I float around -1 or -2. I digress.

On this one I have to agree with the republicans, it seems like the story is propaganda that bashes the right wing and makes anything they do start to seem 'extremist.' You support gun laws? You're an extremist now. Mad about foreclosure rates? Extremist. Want to start up a group that shares the same ideas? Extremist Group!

Maybe to see where I'm coming from here, I would suggest you read Fahrenheit 451, and watch the similar movie Equilibrium. I'd say some of the reason I don't fall further to the left on that scale presented above, is because I believe deeply in personal freedoms and also the 2nd amendment. If anyone here thinks that any civilized nation isn't at jeopardy of having their liberties stomped on by a government regime, you may want to take a history lesson from Germany circa 1933-1945.

I've rambled on long enough, and I will leave you with a quote that a very wise man once said, "He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM