View Single Post

Posted 2008-11-06, 11:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "How to GAIN weight?"
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I've been taking adderall for several months now, and my weight has dropped significantly. I'm 6'1". I was like 185-190 pounds when I began taking it, I believe, and I'm now at probably about 155 pounds. I have seen a decrease in the rate at which I'm losing weight, but I'm still losing it, and before long I'm going to be at unhealthy levels.

At first, I had a lot of trouble getting myself to eat, because it kills my appetite. I've managed to deal with that pretty well, so now I eat probably as much as I did before I started taking adderall. However, it seems as though I lose weight regardless of how much I eat, even if slower.

Naturally, I could just eat a tub of ice cream every day and gain weight, but I would prefer to gain weight in a way that isn't so unhealthy. Are there foods that will help me gain weight without clogging my arteries?
You're taking it because you're prescribed to it right? If not then duh drop the adderall. If you are, then well, I'm sorry to say, but you wont get your appetite back if you keep taking an amphetamine whether its adderall or not. Try asking your doctor if there's something he's told other people that have your problem. Just eat more normally. The adderall isn't making you lose weight, it doesn't do that, it just makes you lose your appetite. I've taken amphetamines a little bit here and there, and they make you lose your appetite like no other. Just eat an amount you would eat before taking adderall. That's your problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish