View Single Post

Posted 2008-09-27, 12:41 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "So, to install it. It's as easy as..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
So, to install it. It's as easy as popping my case open, locating my RAM. Removing the old x2 512MB sticks, and replacing them with the x4 1GB sticks?

Also, whats with the 64-bit OS? Is it an upgrade I can do at home, or a purchase I will have to make. Is it worth it to upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit?

Well, first off, you want to make sure you have a processor that can handle a 64-bit OS. I think that all processors made nowadays can.

A 64-bit processors relates to how much data can be sent at once. Basically, to break it down.

8-bits = 1 byte
64-bits = 8 bytes or 8, 8-binary digit lines of code sent and/or received.

Basically, 64-bit Operating Systems take advantage of your full processor. However, they do have some issues. Most of the time, however, they do not. I would consider a 64-bit OS an upgrade.

64-bit OS can handle more RAM and many more things as well. You do have to wipe your HDD and buy a new OS like Windows XP Pro x64 or Windows Vista's equivalent.

----------------

Woopsy, yes, removing and replacing the RAM is as easy as that.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy