View Single Post

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:00 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Okay, so you have nothing to do with..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Okay, so you have nothing to do with it, right? So do you want D3V unbanned? And if you don't, why not? Is it because you guys bicker, because last time I checked, bickering isn't against the rules. The Flame Forum is there for a purpose; don't be childish and spread it in numerous threads. Direct it in a certain thread. Hell, we might as well even sticky a 'D3V vs. KA' thread.
I have no more to do with it than any other staff member. No I do not want D3v unbanned. I feel that he is a threat to the stability of the community, and, while he's a great contributing member sometimes, other times he's a blatant troll set on starting shit with someone. I don't mind D3v when he's being a good member (meaning, not excessively flaming or trolling, not being a fairy princess.) D3v just doesn't know when to stop. People have left because of him, and people were on the verge of leaving because of him.

All I'm saying is this ban is trivial since he didn't drive anybody away. MJ left for personal reasons and Grav left because posting on a forum is immature and he's somehow above that. You're the only person that was going to leave because of D3V. You guys just need to squash your harsh feelings for each other because you're both some of my favorite posters on this board. Learn to get along. You can't argue that D3V is a contributing member in one way or another. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that; yes he can be an enormous ass at times but I still think he's valued here.
I think I addressed most of this above, but there's a little bit to say here. I have, on more than one occasion, tried to settle things with D3v, even to the point of just saying "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone." D3v can't handle that. Even if you attempt to ignore him, he will take his trolling farther and farther in an attempt to piss you off.

I can find at least 5 times where I've said, either here on the forums or in conversation with other people, that I would much rather D3v straighten up than us have to ban him. Banning him was a last resort, because he was showing no signs of changing, and he had just ran MJordan off. Chruser himself gave D3v warnings that he completely disregarded.

For the most part, I don't want anyone to be banned, especially permanently. It's very counterproductive to trying to boost activity here on the forums.

Ultimately this is the staff's decision and there's really nothing I can do about it, I just thought I'd bring this up since he came to the chatbox yesterday and expressed that he wants to come back. I guess this is really the last post I'll make on the subject so it's up to you guys. Maybe we should have a poll?
We've been talking a lot about this lately in the staff forum. D3v wrote a letter for Chruser to post there, and so far the consensus seems to be either "leave him banned" or "unban him but restrict how many posts he can make per day" or some nonsense. I'm not the only person saying "leave him banned," and now that he's spreading lies in an attempt to get more people to support him, I don't see myself leaving that group anytime soon.

Either way, you and everyone else are free to give your opinions, just the same as me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!