View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-28, 01:55 PM in reply to krisvek's post starting "For the record, I wasn't implying I was..."
krisvek said:
For the record, I wasn't implying I was against the notion of the Big Bang theory, but rather, it is basically just as miraculous an event as anything that religions propose.
It's only miraculous now because we don't understand it yet. Once we manage to do that, it will be no more miraculous than lightning.

Quote:
So far as abortion goes, no, masturbation wouldn't be the same, and no, a period wouldn't be the same, as an abortion.
Why?

Quote:
Furthermore, while I may state simply that I am "against abortion", there's a lot of details that I haven't elaborated on. A clearer way of expressing my feelings towards it would be that I am against CASUAL abortion, such as, abortion as a means of birth control. If you eliminated the casual, birth-control abortions, that would leave the life-threating, rape, etc. scenarios to be discussed, which makes things more complex.
Why is abortion an unacceptable means of birth-control?

Quote:
In general, I just think that self-control is important and that there should be more of a focus on it in all areas of life.
Self control in what way? The only absolutely sure way to not get pregnant is abstinence. Are you advocating abstaining from sex altogether?

Quote:
Having an abortion is usually (USUALLY, not ALWAYS) just the lazy and irresponsible way out of a difficult situation that poor choices have led to.
Irresponsible in what way? The only way I can see someone arguing that is from a purely religious perspective.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes